The journey of bringing life into this world is powerful and transformational. It is an honour for me to witness and support parents in this process.
My practice welcomes trans*, genderqueer and gender nonconforming families.
Informed, therapeutic touch during pregnancy can offer the following benefits:
- Preparation for birth through alignment and relaxation of the pelvis, and release of physical and emotional tension
- Greater connection with your own body and your baby
- More comfort by easing symptoms associated hormonal changes, including nausea, headaches and back pain
Regular sessions are a beautiful way to support your experience. Packages are available.
After the journey of birth, craniosacral therapy is invaluable for both you and baby:
- Processing and integration of the strong physical forces and emotional experience of childbirth by settling both your and your baby’s nervous systems
- Supports the body to return to balance and alignment (in particular, parent’s pelvis and baby’s cranial bones)
- Eases emotional stress or baby’s separation trauma of the immediate post-birth experience
I support you and your baby to have a therapeutic session together, and soon after your birth journey. A joint session is powerful as baby’s nervous system is still connected to yours for some time after birth.
The fee for the initial parent+baby session is $150; thereafter I offer a discounted rate for 45-minute baby and infant sessions. Postnatal packages are also available; please contact me for home visits within the first 40 days after birth.
You are an intuitive and caring practitioner. You are gifted at your craft and I always felt you were deeply attentive during my treatments. I attribute the depth of transformation to these qualities and intentions that you shared with me. Of all the therapies I did, I truly believe it was your treatments that prepared me to conceive and successfully carry the pregnancy forward. Thank you so much!
– Sheila Batacharya, ON